Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Superfoods - Why?

I am so excited to be starting this blog, I have been wanting to do it for a while and well here I am! I have always had a love hate relationship with food, I LOVE to eat food and I HATE gaining weight! I experienced a major foot injury in 2003 and had surgery in 2004 which caused me to be fairly immobile and unable to exercise for over a year! Once I gained control of my foot pain and strength I decided I needed to get healthy. In getting healthy I restricted my entire diet to only a few foods (and almost no carbs). While this worked out really well for weight loss, I was depriving myself of everything delicious and a lot of important nutrition. I was absolutely afraid of food! I was afraid it would make me fat again. I am living proof that you can loose weight and keep it off by celebrating the right foods! This blog is my journey to find/make nutritious delicious foods!

I set a goal this year to write a (self published) Cookbook which featured one of the superfoods as a main ingredient....this blog is an extension of the book (which is aprox 65% done, and I am so excited to share it with everyone!)!

This blog will mainly focus on superfoods, if you are interested in contributing please email me at kirstin.frazell@gmail.com. The only rules is your food has to feature one of my superfoods and the recipe has to be original (you can adapt it from another recipe).

No comments:

Post a Comment